We need your help to keep our assessments robust and innovative.
GL Assessment maintains an ongoing programme of trialling and standardisation studies to ensure that our assessments are as up to date, relevant and robust as possible. Trialling our questions on real students allows us to use the very best questions for our assessments and enables us to develop brand new types of questions to keep our tests fair for all.
Below are the details of our trialling and standardisation studies taking place in 2021 and we are currently recruiting schools to help us in these trials.
|Trial||Age range||Testing window||Test duration||Format|
|Progress Test Series (English, maths and science)
Forms A and B
|Year 2 to Year 10||24 May - 2 July 2021||1 hour per form||Digital|
|New Item Development: English, maths, verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning, spatial reasoning||Year 6
|22 November - 3 December 2021||1 hour per subject||Paper|
Progress Test Series:
- Our Progress Test Series is designed to support teachers in benchmarking students’ subject knowledge and skills, and to measure their progress over time.
- We are inviting schools to participate in our upcoming trial of the current Form A and B Progress Tests (Y2 – Y10) via our Testwise digital assessment platform.
- You may choose to administer these tests at any time during the trialling window of 24 May – 2 July 2021.
- Each pupil will need to take both Forms A and B. We anticipate that each test can be completed within a single lesson period, so it will take two lesson periods for both forms.
- What’s in it for me? Your school will receive the standardised score data for your students from the Form A tests, as well as a cash sum of £12 per student for trialling all three tests (or £3.50 per pupil per test) upon completion of the trial. Please note this is a limited offer therefore early application is encouraged.
New Item Development:
- Trialling our questions on real students allows us to use the very best questions for our assessments and enables us to develop brand new types of questions to keep our tests fair for all.
- Trials are available in up to five subjects for Year 6 students (except Independent schools) and all Year 7 students: English, maths, verbal reasoning, non-verbal reasoning and spatial reasoning. The next trial is in the autumn term of 2021.
- What’s in it for me? Schools taking part in these trials will be provided with results and feedback for each test, as well as a token of appreciation in the form of a £100 gift voucher (Amazon or John Lewis) or £250 of credits towards our assessments.
Become a GL Assessment Trialling Partner:
Your school can take part in trials on a one-off basis or as an official Trialling Partner, whereby your school could be eligible for a range of additional benefits (including data on your students, gift vouchers and product discounts) through trialling our assessments on a more regular basis. If you would like more information about becoming a Trialling Partner, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org