These assessments are used by schools who wish to group pupils by ability to ensure that their intake includes a proportionate spread of children of different abilities.
This is carried out by administering a non-verbal or verbal reasoning test. All tests contain our extensively trialled questions and vary in length from 30 minutes upwards.
- We are the largest provider of fair banding assessments in England and work with some of the most prominent Multi-Academy Trusts in England
- Our tests are constructed to ensure validity for the purpose required
- We provide free familiarisation materials so all candidates can become familiar with test appearance
- We provide you with individual account manager support so your testing period runs smoothly and a scoring service or our new custom-built Quartz software (which enables you to quickly and accurately mark at your own school)
- Working with the RNIB we have developed guidelines on the production and administration of fair banding tests for children with vision impairment.
- NVR questions measure reasoning processes that are important in a wide range of subjects including maths and the sciences
- NVR is helpful in assessing the ability of candidates with English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- VR tests involve reasoning with words and can identify pupils whose strengths lie in English, history, languages and the arts
- Include a variety of question types developed exclusively by GL Assessment