Introduction to Testwise online testing demonstration
If you have recently purchased, or are interested in purchasing, our Testwise online testing service, GL Assessment offer a WebEx e-meeting demonstration to run through the set up, use of the Testwise platform and its tests. This WebEx e-meeting demonstration is not mandatory, but other schools who are new to online testing have found it useful.
Initially, we recommend you check how your IT systems are likely to perform against our Testwise testing platform. There are two links that can be used to assist in this process:
- Interactive System Check – gives an almost immediate ‘readout’ of machine compatibility with Testwise
- Check your setup - a printable PDF that lists the minimum technical specification of machines expected to be used for testing on Testwise
To access all of our support documents, take a look at our Testwise help and guidance notes.
Testwise Technical Support
If you are having any technical difficulties with your online testing platform, please call +44 (0)330 123 5375 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The benefits of online testing
- Continuity of assessment – GL Assessment’s digital tests have been fully equated to the equivalent paper-based tests, allowing you to maintain continuity of assessment
- Reduced administration - Digital delivery provides greater flexibility and removes the burden of test administration, as all practice, instructions and timings are computer administered
- Automatic scoring - Results are delivered at the touch of a button, significantly reducing teachers and practitioners workloads – fast feedback is motivating for pupils, too!
- Instant diagnostic reports - Detailed reports, delivered straight to your desktop, enable you to analyse results with ease and integrate them into your school's Management Information System. These will help you tailor your teaching to meet the individual needs of every child
- Parent/carer reports - Comprehensive parent/carer reports are available for some assessments, designed to help support your communication with parents and carers both before and after their children have been assessed
- Group, School and Local Authority reports - These reports offer a convenient way of assimilating and storing the results for groups of learners at class, school and Local Authority level
- Improved network functionality - Central access to the tests and reports as Testwise can be accessed online from any location where there is internet access
- Increased pupil motivation - Pupils often find the digital test experience more motivating and less daunting than paper tests as digital assessments are more colourful than paper tests and they feel fun and less formal
- A comprehensive measure of progress - Testwise tracks a pupil's progress within or across subjects, tracks year-on-year performance and provides comparison of performance against nationally standardised data.