GL Assessment have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchase Ledger Controller to join our team in Brentford.
We are looking for a Purchase Ledger Controller to take accountability for all aspects of end to end purchase ledger and purchase order processes.
Who are we?
GL Assessment is the leading provider of formative assessments to UK schools, as well as providing assessments for overseas ministries and British, bilingual and international schools in over 100 countries worldwide.
- Own and manage all the transaction activities including processing of invoices, reconciling delivery notes to invoices received and purchase orders.
- Ensure all invoices are accurately authorised.
- Ensure VAT element is correctly posted.
- Preparing and managing BACS payments with assistance of the Swindon team.
- Reconciliation of direct debits.
- Manage urgent payment requests and queries.
- Maintaining and reviewing existing account details.
- Providing a cover to our Swindon team in creation of new suppliers’ accounts as and when required.
- Management of the established process for reconciliation of suppliers’ statements with assistance of Trainee Accountant.
- Supports the development of Trainee Accountant through feedback and coaching; encourages developmental activity.
- Responsible for performing month end duties, adhering to strict monthly close routine to support the rest of Finance team’s month end close process, this includes the reconciliation of all month end purchase ledger balances and the creation of aged creditor reports.
- Liaise with staff at all levels across the business.
- Maintaining and proactively managing a strong relationship with suppliers.
- Reviewing existing processes, recommending change for improvement where necessary, working collaboratively with colleagues on agreed implementations.
- Liaising with external auditors, providing supporting audit evidence as requested by auditors during the annual audit process.
What are we looking for?
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent attention to detail when coding invoices, ensuring all costs are captured in appropriate business units.
- Strong communication skills for managing multiple stakeholders to achieve positive outcomes and results.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability and a willingness to adapt quickly to changing circumstances.
- Understanding of financial controls, workflow and reporting within a commercial team.
- Great team player.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- Experience of financial systems and packages, particularly Sage.
Location: Brentford, TW8
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance
- On site gym, weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance/ vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested, why we should meet you and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org