GL Education are looking for a HR & Recruitment Officer to join their HR Team on a fixed term contract, covering maternity leave. You will deliver a complete and comprehensive service to all GL Education employees including recruitment, learning and development, employee relations and performance and absence management across all GL based offices.
- Manage all recruitment activities, including the development of recruitment strategies for in-house campaigns as well as agency liaison as required.
- Develop job descriptions, advertise, short list and oversee assessment exercises and interview campaigns in conjunction with the recruiting manager.
- Research & Recommendation of alternative in-house recruitment strategies to maximise the candidate pool.
- Advise on employee relation cases, interpreting and advising on employment legislation
- Work in partnership with managers on performance management, resourcing, staff development
- Support the annual performance review process, identifying training needs and developing a comprehensive learning and development plan
- Support the development of Come and Learn workshops to provide HR and performance management support for managers
- Support the review of HR policies and procedures to reflect up to date employment law and best practise
- Assist with updating and maintenance of the HR and Payroll databases.
- Produce statistical and management information
- Contribute to current and future HR projects and implement new HR initiatives
- Provide support on payroll and systems as and when required
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as and when required
- Ability to communicate concisely, clearly and persuasively in writing and verbally
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to work under own initiative day-to-day, taking guidance and supporting managers when required, enjoy working collaboratively and with good humour
- Ability to solve problems and provide creative and commercially appropriate solutions
- Ability to deal with confidential matters sensitively and diplomatically and in accordance with
- A confident personality with a proactive and constructive approach
- Able and willing to travel to other offices on a regular basis (Swindon, Durham, Oxford)
- Be a strong role model and an ambassador for HR
Location: Brentford, West London (TW8)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Contract: 12-month Fixed term contract starting 8th April 2019, covering maternity leave
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, season ticket loan
- On site gym, weekly fruit platters, parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contribution
- Generous Annual Leave (including a day off for your birthday)
To apply please send in your CV and cover letter explaining why you are interested and why we should meet you to firstname.lastname@example.org.