GL Education is currently recruiting for a Training Content & Delivery Manager. The Training Manager is a critical role in the retention strategy of current customers. The role involves ongoing development of training resources, delivery of training sessions to key customers (groups, resellers, non-school stakeholders) through a range of different channels (e.g. face to face, online) and liaison with internal stakeholders (e.g. sales team) and external stakeholders (e.g external trainers).
- Assist the Head of Training and Assessment Insights to develop the UK and international training plan, with input from relevant teams across GL to ensure considerations are made as to the similarities and differences in requirements.
- Produce appropriate and effective training resources for different channels and customer needs. This will range from schools and school groups to re-sellers, from face-to-face presentations to self-guided resources for the LMS.
- Deliver ongoing programme of training to customers, including face to face sessions, webinars and online presentations, remote self-guided training.
- Amend and revise training resources to ensure that resources meet customer needs as needs and assessments change.
- Contribute to training budget, pricing and planning discussions as required.
- Communicate and liaise with internal stakeholders as required, to ensure that teams are kept up to date with developments and operational issues resolved (e.g. on self-guided course bookings).
- Communicate and liaise with colleagues responsible for Centre of Assessment Excellence initiatives, to ensure that objectives and logistics are aligned.
- Ensure a clear feedback process is in place for every training session delivered.
- Contribute to and deliver actionable feedback to the data analysis/evaluation process that measures effectiveness of training programmes.
- Understand e-learning techniques and how these could be implemented into the overall training strategy.
- Distil the bespoke training requirements of key customer types such as ministries and MATs, contributing to the delivery of tailored training options where appropriate.
- Regularly feedback to key internal teams, customer learning from the training sessions to help inform product development, marketing messaging and sales approaches.
- Respects, seeks to understand, and values individual differences.
- Encourages learning by asking questions
- Approachable and adaptable to meet the customers’ needs and expectations of the training
- Passion for excellence, setting high standards of training excellence and ensuring GL meets them.
- Enthusiastic approach with the ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Proven experience of developing and delivering presentation, training or teaching resources, innovating and adjusting to fit the audience
- Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills. A keen eye for detail and solid project management capability
- Excellent customer relationship skills and a drive to consistently exceed customer expectations; demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach
- Able to balance the interests of multiple stakeholders and to effectively align interests (external and internal)
- Adaptive and resourceful, takes the initiative, able to identify the need to change direction to achieve best outcomes
- A positive outlook with desire to learn and embrace new challenges
- A keen interest in education.
Have a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practice
Experience using an LMS.
Involvement in initial teacher training or other teacher training avenues.
Able to become a trusted advisor to customers through delivery of high-value and customer-centric approaches.
Working knowledge of UK and/or international school education market
An understanding of commercial decision-making in budgeting and resourcing projects.