As a Software Developer you will deliver high quality software to meet customer and commercial needs in accordance with defined standards, best practice and agreed deadlines. You will be responsible for resolving technical and customer specific issues and will actively participate in selected projects, sprints or work packages as and when required.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to ensure that all students reach their full potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
We are the leading UK provider in what we do and growing fast internationally – at the last count we have delivered over 7 million online tests across the globe. However, this only accounts for 1 per cent of the children in the world. Our mission is to ensure all children have the best possible start by having access to our education tools.
Develop High quality Solutions incorporating:
- Design and specification Documentation as required
- Review and feedback of Analysis, Design, Code and Test artefacts
- Provide detailed estimates
- Solution Coding and appropriate testing
- Contribution and evolution of defined departmental standards
- Ensure appropriate recording of key information.
Mentoring and Leadership
- Knowledge share with peers and team members
- Customer champion in relation to Solution
- Escalation of issues to appropriate level
- Report own progress against plan and activities
- Actively increase levels of skills and knowledge.
Collaboration and Relationships
- With team/Scrum leader to agree priorities, provide estimates, report progress and identify risks/impediments and mitigations
- With other developers and senior developers to maintain and share knowledge
- With Customers and 3rd line to understand issues affecting our customers
- With other relevant stakeholders to gain insight into product requirements.
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week.
What we are looking for:
- Proficient with one or more relevant programming languages, frameworks and databases
- Familiar with relevant design principles and best practice as well as the tools that automate or assist the development process
- Relevant experience with an industry-recognised software development lifecycle process
- Either a proven aptitude for software development or a degree in computer science (or another numerate discipline)
- Good problem solver with excellent organisation skills
- Good listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- Weekly fruit platters (when office-based)
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment.