GL Education is recruiting for a Product Manager to join our team! The successful candidate will carry out a commercial review of our range of one to one health, clinical and SEND products. Propose a plan to develop a streamlined, coherent, profitable and sustainable portfolio.
- Develop a clear commercial view of the portfolio including product P&L, cost to income ratio analysis and competitor analysis
- Identify unprofitable products and develop a plan, engaging all relevant key stakeholders to return to profitability or retire
- Drive process and external communication for products that will be retired including plans for migrating customers.
- Identify products with potential that require investment and develop investment cases for those products.
- Develop a clear set of value propositions for products that remain in the portfolio
- Work with the wider product team to build a roadmap for developing and sustaining the portfolio
- Work closely with product, sales, marketing, customer support and finance teams to develop positioning, messaging, pricing strategy, and sales and support collateral
- Establish KPIs for monitoring product performance
- Passionate about education and assessment in order to support the building of high-quality and customer orientated products
- Collaborative – a natural team player comfortable with building relationships across teams
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, identifies and monitors key indicators to gauge performance and recommends plans that impact results
- Be credible, confident and articulate with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Set high standards of rigour, getting detail right
- Analytical, able to identify and access the data they need from multiple sources and comfortable making decisions in the face of data ambiguity. Understands how to use data to drive commercial decisions and identify growth opportunities for the products
- Skilled in breaking down large complex issues into simpler elements that can be effectively addressed
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Successful track record in product management/publishing in education
- Experience of using financial and/or other data to support decision making and forward planning
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Comfortable working at pace with cross-functional teams
- Highly numerate and literate. Able to analyse quantitatively, and to report, present and discuss qualitative models and findings.
- Able to produce strong proposals for targeted investment
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment
If you are interested, please click apply here or if you would like to know more please email [email protected].