The International Consultant will be accountable for the development and delivery of strategic business growth across the European territory. They will develop quarterly plans to support continued growth and increase the market share of international schools, as well as working with existing customers to increase their use of the GL portfolio.
The role will involve direct sales activities, analysis of market data to support business development activities, extensive customer interactions to include the full customer life cycle, close collaboration with colleagues from other departments as well as accurate reporting and forecasting of sales activities. The successful candidate should be culturally aware and confident to present to a variety of audiences, as well as have strong solution selling skills across a diverse market. The role will include international travel and as such we are looking for a resilient and confident traveller.
- Identify new opportunities for growing international business development
- Create business case for travel internationally, to include risk analysis and be responsible for travel, transport and accommodation bookings
- Consultative solution selling and closing deals with new and existing customers
- Actively engage with customers to sell products and services through a variety of channels
- Maintain product and market knowledge to enable successful business development activities
- Evaluate market data and trends, insight of international school profiles to develop regional strategies to support business growth
- Account management, with a focus on Premium, Groups and Key Accounts
- Onboarding for assessment trials and further training support
- Manage coordination activity for International conferences and be the “face” of GL at International Events (such as the annual COBIS conference or conferences in your territory) to aid business development opportunities.
- Events Management; arrange and run international seminars which will involve presenting to current and prospective customers and venue arrangements
- Accurate and timely reporting of sales activities and forecasts using internal reporting tools and procedures.
- Accurately maintain records, customer details and sales activities through internal CRM and processes
- Relationship management and exceptional service delivery both internally and externally
- Achievement of agreed sales targets and Key Performance Indicators
- Support schools with analysing their assessment data at onboarding and post-sale stage and provide advice for best practice and analysis
- Build key advocates (guest speakers at conferences; case studies etc.)
What are we looking for:
- Excellent communication, team working and organisational skills
- Passionate about education
- Commercial awareness and results driven
- Experience with consultative business growth
- Excellent presentation and networking skills
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Adaptive and able to problem solve
- Knowledge of international education is very desirable
- Flexibility, creativity and a positive outlook.
Location: London/Home based with regular international travel
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (plus commission potential)
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment