At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to ensure that all students reach their full potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
The Education Advisers are the lead contact with key individuals within centrally purchasing Multi Academy Trusts, as well as SLT, assessment and data leads and exam officers at schools within our most important multi academy trusts. Through these relationships we provide wide-ranging and in-depth support to teaching and learning in their schools. Our aim is to add value to the way in which the schools use the data from our assessments, ultimately providing teachers with meaningful insights with which they can enhance pupil progress. You will work with them to plan how our products can support improvements in teaching and learning throughout their schools and how this plan can be implemented. The role is field based with the majority of time spent in a variety of schools throughout your region.
- Managing the relationship with the Multi Academy trust lead and assessment leads in their schools. Agree what they are looking to achieve by using our products and work closely with them to ensure that their expectations are met.
- Helping new customers to use the GL platforms and assessments to ensure they have a positive experience from the start of their partnership with GL.
- Ensure customers understand the value of the data and reports they receive from the products to increase the chance of renewal.
- Arranging training sessions both via our training team and personally to ensure customers understand fully the GL solution.
- Analysing trust-level data when required and make recommendations based on the findings; lead SLT meetings and presentations to communicate this.
- Represent and present GL Assessment with contextual educational knowledge to all customers.
- Organising renewal meetings with key stakeholders to demonstrate value and impact of our products and secure customer renewals.
- Developing positive working relationships with the field sales team to help support pre and post sales.
- Work collaboratively with them and colleagues in our other offices, to ensure customers receive outstanding support.
- Recording ongoing contact with schools and other relevant information on internal systems.
- Seeking ways to improve support for customers and make recommendations to Head of MAT.
- Build a strong, in-depth knowledge of products to enable you to provide confident support to customers where required and up-sell where appropriate.
- Share your existing teaching experience/experience working in schools with other departments e.g. school organisational structures, pedagogy, how our products can help, how we implement new practices.
- Developing sales referrals from existing customers.
- Attend exhibitions and conferences and present GL’s solutions as and when required.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- An understanding of current issues in education
- Experience working in the education sector
- 2-5 years teaching experience
- Experience presenting to a variety of audience
- Influencing and selling skills
- Data analysis skills
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Educated to degree level
- Preferred - Primary or Secondary QTS with 2-5 years teaching experience
Hours: Fixed Term Contract (1 year) Part time, 22.5 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 - £39,000 per annum pro rata
Location: Home Based
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment