The Education Advisor works with schools to help ensure they get the maximum value from the assessments that they have bought. It is largely a desk-based role with the potential for face to face interactions in the future, communicating with Senior Leaders and Data Managers in schools and MATs advising them on what more they could do with the reports they get from running our assessments in their schools.
Likely activities include helping customers to run reports, helping them to understand their data better, explaining results and giving ideas on how to analyse and use the data effectively to impact on student outcomes. Showing them further reports they could run and introducing other products that may complement the results they have may also improve the value they obtain from their investments in our assessments. This may include running virtual training sessions with schools or school groups.
- Engaging with key stake holders in our customers to help them get the most out of the products they have bought.
- Analysing reports to see who has run reports or recently run tests.
- Organise telephone calls or video conferences to qualify how they are using the reports and to suggest ideas to get more out of them. There may be occasions where visiting a customer to demonstrate may be an ideal solution.
- Show customers a path to continuous improvement in the use of our reports. Make recommendations on how they should be used.
- Check back that schools feel they have got value from the assessment.
- Where appropriate take future orders and develop sales referrals from existing customers.
- Capture insight and feedback from the customers you are speaking to and feedback to Marketing, Sales and Publishing as appropriate.
- Continue the development of teaching and learning initiatives that we implement with customers. Continue to develop clear models of implementation and evidence of success.
- Share your existing teaching experience/experience working in schools with other departments
Fixed term contract 1 year starting April 2019
Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
What we are looking for:
- Experience in the education sector (preferably with Qualified Teacher Status) or a keen interest in moving into the education sector
- Data analysis and interpretation skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills
- An understanding of data use in schools, particularly assessment data would be highly desirable
- A passion for improving student outcomes
- Commercial relationship building skills
- Commercial, results and outcomes-focused
- A flexible team player, ready to support your colleagues if workload requires a change in your priorities.
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment