GL Education are looking for an Automation Engineer to join their Development team. As part of the GL team you will be accountable for implementing best practice test automation solutions across the GL product lines to verify the accuracy of software, data and configuration produced by the Software Development team. You will have a great understanding of testing and test automation strategies in order to build solutions and thrive working in complex and challenging environments.
- Own and manage the test automation strategy including tool selection and appropriate design patterns
- Look to achieve the maximum test coverage with the least number of automated test cases
- Development of an extensible automation framework based on appropriate technologies that is capable of working across multiple technologies
- Prioritise test automation development based on risk
- Implement a clear reporting process covering issues found in different phases of testing
- Track maintenance tasks and effort in order to optimise automation solutions
- Provide detailed test estimates as required
- Adhere to test processes / standards and contribute to process improvement.
- Escalate risk to milestone and deliverables and propose mitigating strategies.
- Support the recruitment of additional automation engineers
- Collaborate with other team members to encourage application testability
- Developing relationships with current lead / team to agree priorities, provide estimates, report progress and identify risks/impediments
- Mentor junior members of the team and build their automation capabilities and knowledge
- Liaise with other relevant stakeholders as required
What are we looking for?
- In depth understanding of multiple opensource and commercial automation tools
- Ability to lead, motivate and work in a team
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- In depth understanding of relevant test principles and best practice
- A degree in computer science (or another numerate discipline)
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales
- High levels of self-motivation, resilience and initiative
Hours: Permanent Full time, 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment
If you are interested, please click apply here or if you would like to know more please email [email protected].