GL Education are looking for an Assessment Project Manager to join our team. The role will involve managing the delivery of new educational products, versions, adaptations, updates and solutions to meet identified customer needs in collaboration with the wider Product Team. In addition, ensuring all products and solutions are educationally sound, work for the customer and deliver valid and reliable information about students.
The Assessment Manager is responsible for taking the product vision to the level of detail required to deliver the assessment operationally. Planning timelines and costs, commissioning new content, working with external partners as required.
At GL Education, we are passionate about the role we play in supporting schools to ensure that all students reach their full potential. We do this by providing assessment solutions that help teachers learn more about their pupils, so they can find the best way to teach them.
- Work closely with colleagues in Product, Technology and Operations to devise imaginative, practical, and effective solutions to the customer needs and opportunities that they have identified.
- Understand requirements, collaborating with teams across the business to plan and deliver projects to agreed scope and schedule, tracking and monitoring project costs and budget.
- Develop strong portfolio knowledge and an appreciation of the diversity of assessment needs in different markets.
- Maintain rigor around assessment development, providing assessment expertise in the planning of new and existing product developments.
- Commissioning of item authoring and trialling. Working closely with suppliers to ensure they are given clear briefs, understand the scope of work and are on track to meet agreed delivery dates.
- Monitoring quality of authored material, giving tactful but clear feedback.
- Work with the project editor to organise and monitor delivery of assessment projects, so they are on time, within budget and meet agreed requirements
- Assessing project risks and issues, mitigating and escalating where required.
- Engaging with stakeholders to ensure communication with all interested parties is maintained throughout projects
- Ensuring user guides, technical information and manuals are developed as part of new or amended assessments
- Provide expertise to support product queries, propose solutions and contribute to GL’s reputation for rigorous, accurate, easily managed assessments and actionable results.
What we are looking for:
- Be credible, confident and articulate, with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Have a relentless focus on producing high-quality product that meets customer needs
- Passionate about education and high-quality assessment, with a desire to use digital technologies effectively in order to build engaging, high-quality products.
- Be innovative and creative, with a concise, precise and effective approach to problem solving and the ability to develop, deliver and evaluate project plans.
- An enthusiastic and motivational nature and a desire to see others succeed.
- Be an effective, collaborative and decisive problem-solver. Have a collaborative approach and an ability to work in cross-functional teams to get the best results from everyone’s expertise
- Enthusiastic and adaptable approach
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing complex project
- Experience of briefing and monitoring the quality of other people’s work
Hours: Permanent , Full time
37.5 hours per week
Salary: £36,000 - £40,000 per annum
- Access to a benefits and discount platform with access to 1000’s of discounts at retailers, leisure attractions and restaurants (GLEe provided by Reward Gateway)
- BUPA Healthcare, Life assurance, Permanent health insurance
- On site gym (Brentford office), weekly fruit platters, free parking facilities
- Pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions
- Season ticket loan, childcare assistance, EAP
- Generous annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Flexible working arrangements
- Covid-19 compliance/safe, managed, working environment
If you are interested, please click apply here or if you would like to know more please email [email protected].