A popular standardised assessment of reading at sentence level.
Suffolk Reading Scale (SRS) is used by teachers and SENCOs to monitor the reading development of pupils from age 6. A standardised reading test that consists of multiple-choice and sentence-completion questions, SRS identifies where an individual may be experiencing reading difficulties. It has been designed to be relevant and engaging for pupils and can be administered easily in the classroom, both individually or in a group setting.
Available in both paper and digital formats, SRS has three comparable levels covering the age range 6 years to 14 years 11 months and SRS Digital has a further level extended to age 17 years 4 months. Users of SRS Digital not only benefit from the advantages of online testing, but the recently developed Level 4 for 14-16 year-olds also includes reports that highlight pupils with a standard score below 85 and who make a gain of nine months in reading age when given 25% extra time.
Why use SRS?
- SRS will provide you with a comprehensive overview of a pupil’s reading ability whilst identifying areas where they may be experiencing difficulties, to better inform target-setting
- The assessment monitors progress over time and thereby facilitates evaluation of effectiveness of teaching methods
- Covering a wide ability range, SRS can be used to monitor ability and reading standards on school transfer
- The assessment encourages pupils to move ahead by matching reading skills to suitable reading materials
- Standardised scores and age equivalents are provided.
Teacher Guide Packs contains:
- Teacher's Guide
- At-a-Glance Guide.