A test of oral reading, based on a series of short narratives, providing summative measures and detailed diagnostic information.
The Neale Analysis of Reading Ability (NARA) measures the accuracy, comprehension and rate of reading in pupils from the age of 6 to 12 years. It provides a comprehensive gauge of a pupil’s interest in reading.
The individually administered assessment consists of parallel forms for testing and extension passages for use with more able or older pupils. Two alternate standardised tests enable the monitoring of a pupil’s performance without them becoming too familiar with the passages, in addition to one diagnostic test.
Why use NARA?
- Results obtained from using NARA will enable you to select reading materials suited to the ability of individual pupils
- Along with important diagnostic information NARA provides Standard Age Scores and reading ages
- It will enable you to monitor the adoption of specific reading skills and help with the planning of intervention strategies.
Complete Set contents
- Record Forms Level 1 and 2 (10 copies of each)
- Diagnostic Tutor Forms (10 copies)
- Audio CD.