You are hereHome › Dyslexia Screener
Helping you identify pupils with dyslexic tendencies.
The Dyslexia Screener is an assessment that identifies dyslexic tendencies in pupils aged 5–16+ years and recommends intervention strategies to help them achieve their potential.
The 30 minute test is an ideal tool for screening an entire year group, or for screening those pupils showing some signs of difficulty. It can play an important part in helping both specialist and non-specialist teachers distinguish between those individuals who are having general difficulties in literacy and those whose difficulties are associated with dyslexia.
The assessment comprises six tests covering three areas, with two assessments for each: Ability, Attainment and Diagnostic.
Results and Reporting
The Dyslexia Screener has been standardised, so you can be assured that results presented are accurate and reliable. Results are easy to interpret and information on a pupil’s strengths and weaknesses are detailed across each test. Standard Age Scores are provided and you will benefit from recommendations made as to the next steps in either further assessment or intervention..
- A Diagnostic Group Report; a convenient way of assimilating and storing results for a group of readers.
- A Parent/Carer Report plus further guidance and letter templates will help support your communication with parents and carers both before and after screening.
Dyslexia Screener - Digital
Dyslexia Screener Digital is an online assessment delivered through GL Assessment’s Testwise system. The online format removes the burden of test administration, as all practice, instructions and timings are computer-administered. Also, instant scoring and reporting saves hours of marking time.
When is this format recommended?
- Where there is a suitable internet connection
- When the tool is needed to be used on multiple computers
- When the tool is being used to screen a large number of students.
To buy Dyslexia Screener Digital, please call us on 0845 602 1937.
Play our Dyslexia Screener Digital demonstration, which includes sample questions and score sheets.